Sunday, October 30th Reformation Sunday
If you have a red outfit, wear it!
- November 6th Service to include a presentation on our KOINONIA Camp Site.
- Sunday, November 6th Birthday Potluck. Contributions of baked goods, juice, and the likes are welcome.
- Nursery space for parents and caregivers of children (ages 0-3) Sundays during 11:00 AM Worship - in the South Balcony (up the narthex* stairs)
- Children's Church (ages 4-7) - Sundays during 11:00 AM Worship (following the children's sermon and returning for communion) - in the Lorenz Library (up the narthex* stairs)
- Sunday School (ages 8-11) - Sundays from
(up the narthex* stairs)
- Confirmation class (ages 12 & up) - Next class will be held Saturday, October 29th @10:00 AM.
- Every 1st and 3rd Thursdays from 8:00-9:15 PM. We are discussing Paul's First Letter to the Romans. The next class will be held on November 3rd, in the Lorenz Library, up the narthex* stairs, following Vespers. All are welcome!
- 1st Thursdays of the Month at 7:30 PM.The next Vespers Service will be held on November3rd. The Lutheran vespers (evening prayer) service is a unique and very beautiful way to let the sediment settle at the end of the day, so we see our lives more clearly and perceive what our faith is all about. Vespers last about 30 minutes.
- 3rd Thursdays of the Month at 7:30 PM. The next Evening Healing Service will be held on November 17th. A time to gather for personal prayer, as well as to pray for the healing of others and our world; there is also an opportunity for the laying on of hands, prayer and anointing for those who desire it. This service is open to anyone of any denomination who feels the need for physical, emotional, or spiritual healing. The service lasts about 30 minutes.
- Under the direction of Dr. Paul F. Mueller, we are blessed with a talented volunteer choir that is always open for new singers.
- The choir rehearses before the service at 10:15 AM most Sunday mornings, with additional rehearsals every other Thursday evening.
- Download a rehearsal schedule (fall | spring) or check the calendar on the OSA Website (http://www.osanyc.org/calendar.html) for the upcoming schedule.