Sunday, November 6th Service to include a presentation on our KOINONIA Camp Site.
- Nursery space for parents and caregivers of children (ages 0-3) Sundays during 11:00 AM Worship - in the South Balcony (up the narthex* stairs)
- Children's Church (ages 4-7) - Sundays during 11:00 AM Worship (following the children's sermon and returning for communion) - in the Lorenz Library (up the narthex* stairs)
- Sunday School (ages 8-11) - Sundays from 10:00-10:45 AM - in the Lorenz Library (up the narthex* stairs)
- Confirmation class (ages 12 & up) - Next class will be held Saturday, October 22nd @10:00 AM
- Demolition of the parking ramp began on Monday 10/17
- Work Day is this Saturday 10/22/11 from 10 AM to 2 PM. Our Sexton Jim Miller has several projects for us to work on in addition to the storm window project. Thisis a vital but time-consuming job, so all are invited (encouraged) to spend some time helping--and have a bite of lunch with Pastor Barrie! Many hands make light[er] work!.
- Every 1st and 3rd Thursdays from 8:00-9:15 PM. We are discussing Paul's First Letter to the Romans. The next class will be held on November 3rd, in the Lorenz Library, up the narthex* stairs, following Vespers. All are welcome!
- 1st Thursdays of the Month at 7:30 PM.The next Vespers Service will be held on November 17th. The Lutheran vespers (evening prayer) service is a unique and very beautiful way to let the sediment settle at the end of the day, so we see our lives more clearly and perceive what our faith is all about. Vespers last about 30 minutes.
- 3rd Thursdays of the Month at 7:30 PM. The next Evening Healing Service will be held on October 20. A time to gather for personal prayer, as well as to pray for the healing of others and our world; there is also an opportunity for the laying on of hands, prayer and anointing for those who desire it. This service is open to anyone of any denomination who feels the need for physical, emotional, or spiritual healing. The service lasts about 30 minutes.
- Under the direction of Dr. Paul F. Mueller, we are blessed with a talented volunteer choir that is always open for new singers.
- The choir rehearses before the service at 10:15 AM most Sunday mornings, with additional rehearsals every other Thursday evening.
- Download a rehearsal schedule (fall | spring) or check the calendar on the OSA Website (http://www.osanyc.org/calendar.html) for the upcoming schedule.