I can’t believe the picnic is almost here! I’m so excited. Currently the forecast calls for a mostly sunny day with a high of 82 degrees. In other words, a perfect, perfect day for a church picnic.
The details follow:
1. If you are reading this, you are invited.
2. Yes, you can invite friends and family to come, too.
1. Governor’s Island
2. Meeting location: Grill #2 in Nolan Park, left as you disembark from the Manhattan ferry.
1. June 8th! If you’d like, meet at OSA at 9 am to go down. You can arrive at any time.
2. Lunch is at noon; reconvening for dessert and a surprise activity at 3pm.
What/What to bring/What to do:
1. A church picnic!
2. Picnic food, picnic blankets, non-alcoholic beverages (you can purchase alcohol on the island but can’t bring it in), kites, balls, sunscreen. Definitely bring food that can be shared/grilled. Bring pie and other desserts, too! There are a lot of food trucks around the island if we don’t have enough food.
3. There’s lots to do around the island, from the city’s longest slide to a hammock field, a working urban farm, playgrounds, bikes, views, and so on. Plus a chance to hang with your congregation.
1. Because it is good when the brothers and sisters dwell in unity! It’s oil flowing down the beard of Aaron, which is supposed to sound very nice and luxurious. Also picnics are fun and congregations should have fun.
So that’s the picnic. Please also send me suggestons for books for our summer BBQ book club as soon as you can and I’ll put together a poll.
Also—this Sunday is Pentecost! Please wear RED.