Function: The Bookkeeper is responsible for managing church finances and financial business processes at Our Saviour’s Atonement Lutheran Church.
Accountability: The Treasurer will supervise the Bookkeeper. The Bookkeeper will also report to the Pastor. Annual review will be coordinated by the OSA Personnel Committee with representatives from staff and lay leaders.
Essential Job Functions
1. Receive, review, record, and pay bills and other expenses as directed.
2. Establish and manage purchasing, expense reimbursement, petty cash, check request, and other financial business processes.
3. Manage payroll for church staff ensuring funds are transferred and payroll data is entered each pay period.
4. Advise staff and counters with regards to the receipt of tithes and offerings, designated gifts, and other receipts.
5. Plan for upcoming expenses and manage cash flow as required to meet the operational needs of the church.
6. Balances bank accounts by reconciling entries.
7. Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying requirements; enforcing adherence to requirements; filing reports; advising leadership on needed actions
8. Maintains the monthly accounting of restricted and unrestricted gifts on the balance sheet.
9. Prepares monthly financial reports for the Treasurer and Church Council and provides summary analysis of account information and trends.
10. Assist the Pastor, staff, and lay leadership in developing and monitoring an annual financial plan.
11. Assist the Audit Committee in scheduling and conducting the annual financial review.
12. Perform other duties as assigned.
Our Saviour’s Atonement Lutheran Church will provide
- Aid in reviewing the system to account for financial transactions, the chart of accounts, and bookkeeping policies and procedures during the transition period.
- Collaboration from OSA staff and lay leadership, allowing for the work to be completed out off-site when possible.
- Hourly salary of $30 an hour for 5-6 hours per week. Additional hours to be scheduled with the approval of the Treasurer.
Please call or email the church office: 212-923-5757 firstname.lastname@example.org